Plot with Elena's characters!

Player: Elena
Characters: see below all of them

GENERAL NOTES ABOUT ME

* I like my threads having a general direction and a purpose (I am a flexible planner.)

* I need to communicate with my writing partners - be it about absences or plot twists. To brainstorm together. And I need things to be said directly, in plain English, because I don't always get subtle hints. (Neither most of the slang, nor silence, which the brain has the bad custom to fill in with assumptions - most likely, the wrong ones).

* I never change my mind unilaterally and I never abandon threads. I like them finished, and you can always rely on me.

* I don't like writing smut (ie explicit, 18+ or 3-3-3 rated "tab A enters slot B" scenes). Yes, I have done one or two here (and nowhere else), just to challenge my writing skills that I can do it... but if I CAN, doesn't mean I SHOULD, if my comfort level is 16+, 2-2-2 rating. This means any subject can be approached, but the level of detail I am writing is R-rated. It may mean fade to black in some cases, glossing over in most cases. Yes, I can describe sex scenes without many anatomical details, by focusing on what is in the characters' heads more than on what is in their beds, and our story achieves its character development purposes, while leaving some details to each reader's imagination. If your posts have more physical details than mine, I don't mind it, as long as you don't expect ME to focus on them in my posts.
word count: 285
Tags:

BEPPIN PASQUALIGO
Bio
|| 35|| Captain of the merchant ship "Colomba"||

A fearless adventurer at heart, Beppin is ambitious, spontaneous, intrepid, jovial and makes light of things most of the time, especially in odd situations where one would expect prudence. He is a man of honour, never having stabbed anybody in the back or cheated at cards. His aims include acquiring knowledge and wealth equally - in these matters, he has a practical spirit, and the goods he is carrying aren't always only of the legal nature. For him, rules are something to be used only when convenient. If they don’t fit a certain situation, he is ready to work around them.

He speaks, besides the native Venetian and the Florentine which is the literary language, Greek and French fluently and he understands some English from his American adventures and also basic Turkish, from his years of sailing in the Aegean, Ionian and Black Sea, under Ottoman occupation.

Family
His parents are deceased for many years. Up to you if you want to give him a sister, a halfbrother or a cousin. His crewmates Rino Luca and his uncle Fantin Malipier are distant relatives too.

Friends:
He has friends aboard the ship and in ports, because he is friendly, sociable, ready to party with anyone and ready to offer his help when needed. He is loyal to friends and ideals, not willing to sacrifice his life in vain, but standing up for his beliefs, and would die for them if the case might be. Lothario Venturi is his childhood best friend. Here in Venice he had befriended too Alessandro da Verona, Dominic Caresini, Michela Cellini, Thurenza Bellamare, Anzola Zanotta d’Ettore, Tribiano Zanotta... and there is always room for more friends!

Crewmates
He has Frenchmen and Venetians in his crew, which he is seeing as a big family. If you want to be a new crewmate, there are open positions!

Enemies:
First of all, he hates Turks, who had conquered the lands and seas which had been the dearest to him, and Genovese, who are Venetians' rivals of many centuries. If anyone takes on him for being Venetian, he can’t abstain fighting back, irrespective how many they are, how bad the fight may end or if there are any other consequences. He also hates with passion the Inquisition, the supreme law enforcement authority in Venice, who had seized his father's ship, contributing to his untimely death.

He believes in the Jacobine cause - liberte, egalite, fraternite... therefore those who say something against the French Revolution isn't well received either. Otherwise, he might have enemies from envy on his sailing and fighting skills, because women prefer him or due to other petty reasons for a tavern brawl.

Lovers:
He shared a bed, in his past, both with women, in ports, and with a few men, in lonely nights in the middle of the ocean, but he sees them differently. The men happened to be lonely crewmates during long voyages, and he saw these affairs as deepening an already existing friendship. The women were mostly tavern maids or prostitutes in various ports. There might be a comprehensive list of tavern wenches in various ports, to claim having been his favourites, sharing the illusion of an affection spiced only with lust, loneliness and drunken despair. For him, women are only an interesting intermission in his life, meant to spice up the quiet moments between two trips at sea. If a local beauty eyed him with more than curiosity, he would pursue her, but he wasn’t the type to impose his presence where he wasn’t wanted. If you want to be a past fling, I am open to any ideas!

He had never had a stable, long-term relationship, until he met Liao Yu and she won his heart. Now he is dedicated to her and wouldn't stray.

Other relationships and plots
Open for anything, from drinking and gambling to smuggling missions, involving in political intrigues, duels and helping others' plots if you need him. Jean-Luc de Mercier is his silent partner, who is financing his shipping activity. In the meanwhile, he got other regular customers he is serving, as well. There is room for more, though!

Who will YOU be - a friend, an acquaintance or an enemy?
word count: 720

AGUSTIN BARBARO
Bio
||| 25|| Priest at "San Giorgio" Monastery||

A devoted Christian, he likes praying and spending time in the silence of the church. Due to his chosen vocation, he has been partially sheltered from the reality of everyday town life, so he has kept a certain degree of naivety. He likes reading, all aspects of arts and culture, and he dislikes wars, weapons, cruelty, injustice, liars, traitors, heresy and sins. He has a talent for foreign languages, having learnt Toscan (the literary dialect which will become later the official Italian language), Latin, Greek, French and Spanish and an innate diplomacy which helps him deal with all kind of people, but this diplomacy is at odds with an inherited vanity he is trying actively to combat. Being from a privileged family, he still has problems with learning to practice actively humility and turning the other cheek.

Family
His parents are alive, belonging to the nobility. He has at least one elder brother, the family heir, and a younger sister, Ilaria, now retired somewhere at one of the family estates following a scandal. He loves his family but has unfrequent contact with them. He loves his former nurse too, who is a wanted ad.

Friends:
He had few friends, probably colleagues in the seminary, his best friend being Giuseppe Alessandri. Recently he had befriended Thurenza Bellamare, Fernand Boissier and Gabriella Monte. There is always room for more friends!

Acquaintances
He has various acquaintances of the most different social statuses: nobility, whom he had been acquainted with in his childhood and teens, nobility and middle class (his seminary colleagues), Benedictine monks, commoners met in church. If you need his services, find him at San Giorgio Maggiore!

Enemies:
Probably the family's enemies. Or maybe the ones he is making by helping the Dolomite bandits?

Lovers:
He should have never known any other love than Christ's, but he fell in love with Michela Cellini. (In reality, the love is one-sided, but she had led him on). However, after a discussion with her, he understood better that their impossible love couldn't stand between him and his true vocation. He still loves her, but in a different, spiritualised way, closer to the unconditional courtly love, having accepted they would never be together. He wants her to be happy and she could always rely on him.

Open for helping anyone's plots.

word count: 414

FERNAND BOISSIER
Bio
|| 32|| ship carpenter at Arsenale||

The big former sailor, now journeyman ship carpenter is peaceful unless provoked. He speaks Provensal, French, Venetian and some Spanish.

Family
Nobody to wait for him back home in Bordeaux. His parents are deceased for many years and his older siblings have their own families. Up to you if you want one of his siblings to get to Venice!

As he married Margareta Anzotta Pisano, daughter of the "Drunken Duck" innkeepers, he entered in her family. Francesco Zanotta and Tribiano Zanotta are already close to him.

Friends:
He has friends aboard the ship and in ports, because he is friendly, sociable, ready to party with anyone. Among his friends in Venice there are: Thurenza Bellamare, Agustin Barbaro - but there is always room for more friends!

Enemies:
Some people might hate the French. A sailor could make enemies in a tavern brawl as well, or for any other reason, and the feelings to linger and request revenge even after he changed profession.

Lovers:
He had never had a stable, long-term relationship, until now, but things are changing after having set foot in the Drunken Duck in Venice. He fell in love with Margareta Anzotta Pisano and ultimately married her.

word count: 228

FRANCESCO ZANOTTA||
Bio
|| 26|| innkeper’s helper at the Drunken Duck||

Ambitious and perfectionist, Francesco is challenge-oriented. He is loyal and very protective of his family and friends. He can be charming and generous when he wants to and he loves pulling pranks and finding reasons for amusement, but this doesn't always happen. If angry or tired, he can be rather blunt and show the colder side of his personality. He is rather reckless and impulsive, letting his hot temper and emotions get the best of himself sometimes, which gets him into trouble.

Family
Anzola Zanotta d’Ettore is his favourite sister, and he gave her the nickname "Piccolina" which means "shorty". But it doesn’t mean he loves less Margareta Anzotta Pisano, Julietta Caligiano, Tribiano Zanotta or any other members of the family.

Friends:
He is quite lonely here, since he has not much time to spend with friends, so almost his whole life revolves around the inn and the family. Rino Luca and his uncle Fantin Malipier were childhood friends, but the closest childhood friend is Dante d’Ettore, with whom there is also a rivalry since childhood. Sometimes the ambition to surpass others' achievements can turn Francesco envious, and Dante’s perfected weapon skills and his travels are reasons for feeling a little green. But friendship comes first, and recently he had become his brother in law. After some bad thoughts got cleared, his other brother-in-law to be, Fernand Boissier, became his friend as well. There is always room for more friends, though!

Enemies:
Mistreat anyone of the family and you’ll see who is the strongest enemy! But his brother Mario might be counted among them too…

Lovers:
Flings of a little while, well, had happened… In February 1792 he has started an affair with Adeline Rousselle, who had cheated on him and ran away with her first love in May. He hopes to marry a girl with some dowry, of middle class, but time will tell whom he would fall in love. Anybody interested?

Who will YOU be - a friend, a lover and potential wife, an acquaintance or an enemy?
word count: 369

Re: Plot with Elena's characters!

ANTONIA SAXIDA VIDAL
Bio
|| 23|| printer and writer||

Antonia is earnest, stubborn, hardworking, ambitious. A well educated woman, besides Venetian she speaks Slovenian, Florentine, French, Spanish and she reads in Latin. She is running the printing house and writing, both her own stories and articles for the gazzete the printing shop is issuing weekly.

Family
Anton Saxida, father, master printer, sick with rheumatism and respiratory problems. Milan Saxida, first cousin, journeyman, working together with her.

Friends:
Open to have friends in all life strata. Artists and writers especially.

Enemies:
One can make enemies when issuing a gazzete which contents not everybody would like. Her father can have business rivals or sometimes discontent customers too.

Lovers:
None since the death of her husband, more than three years ago. She can fall in love again, if you are interested - be it an interesting romance or merely a one-sided, unrequited love who might make her pine for someone too high up. It is up to you to request a love plot!

Printing shop's customers and collaborating writers and artists (as the gazzete included sometimes illustrations).

word count: 205

SIMON DURAN
Bio
|| 38|| doctor at Ospedali Grande di San Marco||

A man of honour and loyalty, he doesn't take kindly to betrayal or dishonesty. He avoids any excessive drinking, gambling, or swearing, and this avoidance is enough to peg him as a devout Christian, when in truth he rarely goes to Church. He is moderately sociable, getting along with most people on a superficial level, but having a few good friends. He attends rarely, but with enthusiasm when he decides to, the social and cultural events Venice offers generously. Besides Venetian, he is fluent in Florentine, Spanish, French and Latin, having also studied Ancient Greek.

Family
He has at least a younger brother who is an apothecary. Up to you if you want to make a parent or another sibling... or even a surprise child from a past affair.

Friends:
He has a few friends, being loyal to them. He cares deeply for those close to him and he respects the others’ knowledge and professionalism without petty envy. There is always room for more friends!

Enemies:
There are ignorant, vain people who would envy him or resent his direct way of speaking in the medical field, not caring for social status. He has a high expectation of himself and those he works alongside, and not everyone can like it. Or there might be other kind of drama...

Lovers:
None in present. He enjoys flirting and having an occasional affair, however after a heartbreak in the past, which determined him to join the Navy, he hadn’t got any serious relationship. He says he doesn’t have time for one; the truth is also that he is afraid not to suffer again.

He is known to further investigate discretely, “for educational and medical purpose”, his ancestors’ culture - would they be friendly or suspicious? Would the Inquisition raise a brow and ask him what he was doing? Plenty of possibilities...

word count: 341

Milan Saxida
Bio
||| 21|| Journeyman at "Stamperia di San Stin”||

Shy, quiet, well behaved and friendly, Milan is an idealistic dreamer, rather sheltered from the bad sides of life, except what leaks into the newspapers. He doesn't excel in any arts, but he likes admiring them and learning all kind of things, having a natural curiousity.

Family
His parents are living in Piran, the Venetian colony of Istria, and he is the youngest child of a book seller. His uncle, Anton Saxida, and his cousin, Antonia Saxida, are hosting him here in Venice and teaching him how to run a printing shop and to publish a newspaper. He is often seen with his cousin, whom he accompanies at various social functions.

Friends:
He has few friends here in Venice. Besides his cousin, his best friend is Rocco Bembo, who works with him in the printing shop. There is always room for more friends!

Acquaintances
He has various acquaintances of the most different social statuses, the ones who come to the printing shop or the ones he meets at social functions where Antonia drags him.

Enemies:
Probably the family's enemies/ rivals/ competitors, if any.

Lovers:
He is in love with Valentina Damiano, the daughter of the innkeeper of Tipsy Crow.

word count: 232

Return to “Plotters”